WAITRO Innovation Award 2021 Finals: Pitch Event and Roundtable on Improving Innovation Impact (I3)
January 27, 2022 , 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm UTC+0
On January 27th, we will be one step closer to choosing the winners of the WAITRO Innovation Award 2021. Five project teams compete for US$25,000 seed-funding to kick-start their projects.
The finals of the 2021 edition of the WAITRO Innovation Award (WIA) will take place online and is open to the public. The Pitch Event will also feature a Roundtable to discuss “How to attract investment to maximize contribution to the SDGs”.
In the program we will have the welcome speech of the WAITRO president HRH Princess Sumaya bint El Hassan, in addition to the already confirmed participation of:
- Jean-Marc Champagne, Head of Environmental Finance Bankable Nature Solutions Asia – WWF-Hong Kong
- Olga L. Orozco, Chief Technical Advisor and Responsible Business Conduct in Latin America and the Caribbean
- Muzamil Abdelkarim, Chairman and CEO at African Trade Alliance
- Dr. Mogens Jakobsen, Professor Emeritus of the University of Copenhagen
- Prof. El Houssine Bartali, MENA NWC Middle East and North Africa Network of Water Centers of Excellence (Morocco)
- Yongvut Saovapruk, Former President of the National Food Institute (Thailand)
The agenda will also include the participation of the project leaders of the WIA 2020 Winning Teams: Prof. Eugenia Olguín Palacios and Prof. David Waite.
Join us on January 27th at 12:00 (UTC). Event access link here.