The €1 billion call is the last and biggest call under Horizon 2020. The following thematic areas reflect the key work streams of the European Green Deal:
- Increasing climate ambition
- Clean, affordable and secure energy
- Industry for a clean and circular economy
- Energy and resource efficient buildings
- Sustainable and smart mobility
- Farm to fork
- Biodiversity and ecosystems
- Zero-pollution, toxic-free environments
A working core group on the EU Green Deal, led by WAITRO member organization LEITAT, has chosen seven topics and focus areas, some of them open for EU states only, some also for non-EU states. WAITRO members were previously informed of this opportunity and could register beforehand to join the meeting on the topic they are most interested in. After many fruitful and detailed discussions about the projects and topic, some groups are planning to build consortia and submit a project proposal to apply for grants under the European Green Deal call!
We will hopefully hear more of these projects in the future!
To learn more about WAITRO Activities and projects, click here.