WAITRO welcomes UNAM, Namibia
UNAM joins WAITRO as a Full Member
UNAM has recently joined WAITRO as a Full Member. The University of Namibia (UNAM) is a young dynamic University established in 1992. They have twelve (12) campuses, with more than 30 000 students enrolled at the institution, making UNAM the biggest tertiary institution in the country. These numbers are complemented by about 2 200 staff, across all campuses. The ever-growing international footprint of UNAM continues to show promise, with more international students enrolled annually.
The University of Namibia (UNAM) recognizes and values the importance of research in the creation and dissemination of new knowledge and fostering socioeconomic development by addressing challenges faced by society. The University supports and promotes research, innovation, entrepreneurship and resource mobilization that enhances the University’s role in making a positive difference to the quality of living of society. We strive for local engagement and relevance with global impact. UNAM has thus put in place enabling structures, processes and procedures in order to realize these goals.
- Promote and support the development of UNAM’s research profile, performance, and culture
- Provide advice and support in relation to strategy and planning, policy and operations and improvements to research training
- Provide institutional capacity building services and activities
- Manage and administer research grants, publications, postgraduate degrees, research ethics and external liaison and reporting
- Promote and support innovation and entrepreneurship activities
- Mobilize resources for the University
- Support commercialization spill-offs, startups and development of products
Welcome to the Global Innovation Family!
Learn more about our member organizations from all over the world or find out how to become a member.