Finding partners through SAIRA
After choosing one of the eligible topics, you can form your project team on SAIRA.
• If you already have a concept or idea in mind and are looking for partners, follow path A.
• If you don’t have a concept or idea in mind, but are interested in joining a consortia and apply, follow path B.
Path A: Create your opportunity on SAIRA
Choose one of the eligible topics and draft your concept or idea. Create and publish an Opportunity on SAIRA and wait for other users to express their interest in collaborating.
Path B: Respond to published opportunities on SAIRA
Check published Opportunities on SAIRA. Once you find one that matches with your interests and competences, express your interest in collaborating by submitting a Proposal to the opportunity owner.
Apply for Invitation for Digital Innovation Hubs in Africa
The Invitation is open from 19th of November 2021 to 18th of January 2022 (first cut-off date) and 8th of February 2022 (second cut-off-date).
The incentives from AEDIB|NET for the Digital Innovation Hubs are:
• Financial (up to 70.000€ initial funding and reimbursement of travel expenses of up to 5.000€ per DIH)
• In-Kind Support (dedicated Angel Investor Network)
• Capacity Development (DIH Lab Phase 1 on Service Portfolio Development, Business Model & Marketing)
• Exposure & Networking (Participation in an Innovation Bootcamp)
The application form and more details are available here.
More about AEDIB|NET
AEDIB|NET is a European HORIZON 2020 funded project meant to be a first step of a broader approach to enrich the African-European innovation ecosystem. It aims to fill digitalization and policy gaps while enhancing digital and entrepreneurship capacity pursuing the creation of twelve Digital Innovation Hubs in Africa.
AEDIB|NET is being implemented by a consortium of 13 members from Africa and Europe with Smart Africa joining in early 2022. More information about AEDIB|NET here.